28.6.06

The Wizard Turns On...

I do have new music now. First of all I bought Gnarls Barkley's St Elsewhere a while back. This is in the chart right now, in fact. I haven't owned a chart CD in years. I almost feel like one of the normal people.

And now I have the new album by The Flaming Lips. I've always quite liked them, but not too much. They kind of just have a couple of toes in the huge, roiling, shark-infested swimming pool that is My Kind of Music. But when I found out that this album has that tune from that advert with the guy dancing with his computer animated, hand animated and puppet doppelgangers, I knew that I had to get it. Finding out that the title was At War with the Mystics was the clincher. I'm all for mystic bashing, me.

A nice review from the Independent.

No comments: