25.3.07

Mini-Map


I am still working on what I now think of as TBTBSG - Tile-Based Turn-Based Strategy Game. Every Sunday I seem to sit down and add and then bug-test a new feature. It is still early days so far. Today I changed the map so that instead of the 20x20 grid on the screen being the entirety of the map, it is just a portion of it, and you can scroll around to see the rest.

There is a little mini-map at the bottom that shows you where everything is. The light green rectangle is what is currently on screen, blue are your own units, bright green are friendly units and red are hostile.

What excitement! Perhaps too much for a lazy Sunday. I will go have a lie-down...

2 comments:

Tinker said...

I'm not much of a strategist, but I like the colors, though I feel a bit sorry for the red, they always end up being cast as the hostile or alarming color.
Sorry - I seem to be stuck in anthropomorphizing mode lately...
Enjoy your nap! -_-

Zhoen said...

I have no clue, but it looks very cool.