18.8.07

B-Games


TIGSource are holding a 'B-Game' competition, looking for games so bad they're good. I couldn't resist, and neither could about a million other people. My idea for a fundamentally flawed concept was to try and come up with the computer game equivalent of The Seventh Seal. After a lot of head scratching I decided that what that actually meant was that the aim of the game must be to come to terms with the fact that you can't really 'win' or solve the mystery or anything.

To that end, I'm writing a mostly text-based game with hundreds of different options, all of which either (i) uncover more options (ii) kill you or (iii) do nothing helpful at all.

The competition closes on September 13th.

2 comments:

Geosomin said...

Just make sure that at any point in the game you can randomly and suddenly die of disyntery...

All the best old text games that that one in there...

Anonymous said...

I'll take (i) uncover more options, for 100, please - oh, wait, I suppose they aren't THAT kind of game, are they...

Good luck in the B-Games, Pacian! Though that seems almost oxymoronic, wishing someone that their game was bad enough to win...Do I mean oxymoronic? All this thinking and gaming is wearing me out. I need a nap now. Can napping be one of the game options?